Tips for a Successful Garage Sale
The New Year is a great time to purge your "stuff" to make room for all the new stuff you got for Christmas!
1. Shoppers more often stop for full tables and large items. Bookcases, dressers, toys, and tools attract traffic.
2. Dealers and collectors visit sales, so clearly display one-of-a-kind items.
3. Make sure appliances work, and clean everything.
4. 10-30% of retail is a fair price for most items. Tag all items, but be prepared to haggle.
5. Items sorted by size and type and organized on shelves or rack fetch higher prices.
6. Partner with neighbors and split the cost.
7. Check the weather.
8. Make neatly lettered signs to direct traffic to your house.
9. Leftovers: give them away, keep them for another sale, or call a charitable organization for pickup. Keep a list of donated items for your accountant at tax time.
If you've been thinking about listing your home, you'll definitely want to get rid of clutter and keep the presence of personal belongings minimal.
Colleen is truly Your Realtor Advisor For Life, and she can help you with simple staging and housekeeping tips to get your home ready to make potential buyers
fall in love! Call (407) 325-2873 today!